We are excited for the upcoming winter season and providing Northern New Mexico with backcountry avalanche forecasts and education. As we wait for snow, we are currently working on new things for the upcoming season. We are in the process of creating a new website with a big thanks to the National Avalanche Center and Sawtooth Avalanche Center for their help and resources on this endeavor. We are also partnering with Silverton Avalanche School for avalanche courses in New Mexico this season. As we find out more details on dates we will post them to the website. Right now is great time to dust off your gear and make sure everything is in working order.
Want to help the Taos Avalanche Center? Here are some easy ways:
- Send your backcountry observations to TAC from our observations page.
- Tell all your friends and coworkers about the TAC.
- Show up to TAC fundraising events and talks. For events visit our home page (www.taosavalanchecenter.org).
- Donate directly to TAC via paypal through the link on our home page (www.taosavalanchecenter.org).
- Help TAC start an endowment with a major gift to insure the long-term survival of this program. Email Andy Bond at email@example.com for more information.
Taos Avalanche Center Board of Directors